No time for Bang kok

On a cool mornings ride through mist wreathed hills 


An elephant emerges swaying purposefully forward. I gawk delightedly.


Having reached the coastal lowlands I turned north and sketched the Andaman coast towards the mighty Krai Buri river mouth.


Away from the cooling heights the heat soared and I found myself scuttling from shade to shade.


Bus stops, Wats and restaurants provided much needed respite.


Enigmatic fruits promised to quench increasing thirst.


As did frequent dips in the frequent rivers. 


After spotting a sign advertising rooms for a very reasonable rate I decided to treat myself to air conditioning after a long hot days cycling.


After a shower and some route planning the rooms phone rung and I was asked whether I would be wanting a girl this evening. This helpfully clarified some of the décor choices, the huge mirrors and the TV being pre-set to a smut channel. Having politely declined I opted for a suitably salacious picture to commemorate yet another embarrassing miscommunication in Thailand. 


I opted against breakfast at the motel and instead grabbed a roadside breakfast


To prepare me for an excellent days ride through Ranong province.


Making friends and crossing more rivers 

Exploring Wats


Watching some local footy


After which I was invited to share a slice of water melon and discuss the latest goings on in the premier league


Having made it to Prachuap I opted not to continue on towards Bangkok as the prospect of entering another world city by bike after my experience in Istanbul and Tehran so I made my way to the provincial train station.


Bike carefully stowed I sat back and watched the Gulf of Thailand rush past through the window. 


Rather than linger in the big city which I have previously had the pleasure of visiting I set my sights further north
 

 ....................................................................................................................................



No comments:

Post a Comment