Island hopping

Back aboard a boat, now heading for Ko Lanta, my poor bicycle wondering when she will be returned to her element.



On arrival some pedal turns were possible as I traversed the island stopping at an enchanting butterflies and orchid nursery.

A colourful profusion.


The smaller native varieties caught the eye

No less than the big brash hybrids.


All the while butterflies swirled.


And I got a bit carried away taking pictures.


...

...


No really.


After arriving at a hostel I found new friends and conversation a plenty but also a snag. While I had informed my bank that I would be travelling to multiple countries on my trip their system could only contain so entries. That list had now run out and so on using my card in Thailand it been flagged as suspicious. A bit inconvenient, but with the help of family back in blighty the issue would be resolved in a few days. So I resolved to relax read some books and enjoy Ko Lanta.


Hanging out enjoying the sights.



Swimming in the sea, dancing on the beach and generally having a lovely time.


The best things in life really are free.


Be it rock pooling


Snorkelling 


Or enjoying the sunset



As I continued to wait, unable to pay my hostel bill until the card was reinstated, I made friends with passing strays. 


And gave my long suffering steed some well deserved TLC.

Penury served it was time to leave Ko Lanta and return to the mainland.

But not before another operation to get bike and bags onto a boat. 


Is that bicycle giving me an accusatory look or is it just me?

No comments:

Post a Comment